Monday, October 22, 2012

healthy beauty!

So we all want beautiful soft silky hair, but we blow dry, straighten, curl it on a daily basis! Its silly and contradictory and yet I still continue to do it. If my hair was reallllly long I'd be happy to wear it curly...but because its only just past my shoulders when curly, I insist on styling it with heated tools every day. Of course, it wont grow much longer because I'm constantly needing to cut off the dead ends.

viscous cycle! So here are some of the products I've added to my beauty routines that I'm loving! They promote health and quality and I've noticed a difference!



First of all, I take biotin daily. This is a tiny vitamin supplement that promotes healthier hair, skin, and nails. My hair stylest even said she noticed a difference in the quality of my hair after I had been taking it for about 2 months. I was ecstatic! My hair seems slightly healthier, and seems to be growing a bit quicker.  You can get biotin literally anywhere. I think I got mine at bed bath and beyond!!


Next is Dove heat defense. I spritz a little of this stuff on my hair while its drying if I know I'm going to be applying heat to it. This not only makes my hairstyle last longer, but it really seems to keep my hair protected. I noticed a massive change after using this product and used up the entire bottle! I need to buy more! It also smells really nice!

I've been using DDF brightening cleanser for about 2 weeks now. My skin feels SOOO nice after using this! It does an awesome job of cleansing! It also is amazing because it is meant to get rid of dark spots, acne scaring, and overall create a more even complexion. I have been really enjoying this product! It smells like black licorice but it doesn't leave a strong scent after I wash it off so I don't mind too much! Totally worth the $38 a bottle!

Lastly I am having a love affair with nailtiques formula two! I apply a coat of this protein to my clean nails (every day that I don't have polish on!) and use it as a base coat. I'm not sure if this is how its meant to be used, but I have noticed that my nails seem a bit less brittle and have been breaking way less! They are getting back to a really nice length so I am insanely excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment