Saturday, October 13, 2012

NYX matte lip cream- monte carlo

So I recently purchased an NYX matte lip creme in the shade monte carlo!
Honestly, I'm still not sure how in love I am with it, but I do enjoy the product!
Monte Carlo is a deep blue toned red. It is beautiful on, and I love how it looks, but it doesn't have the best lasting power. NYX matte lip cremes go on like a gloss, and dry into a bit of a matte finish. I LOVE THIS. I'm always searching for the latest and greatest matte lip products.



Pros:
Beautiful color
very pigmented
nice matte finish
easy application

Cons
a bit streaky
drying to the lips
not the best stay-power
feels cakey after drying


I love this for the first hour or so I wear it...but after that it feels very caked on and flakey. If you are planning to eat with this stuff on...be ready to re-apply! It didn't last great after I ate/drank. I felt as though other matte lip products leave more of a tint, while this one leaves a layer on top of the lips.

For the price, this is a great product. It may not be my ABSOLUTE go to matte product, but I like it for a once and a while thing! Try it out!


No comments:

Post a Comment