Monday, November 5, 2012

Face Base!

In my opinion, the MOST important part of my makeup routine is all the stuff I do to even out my skin and create a nice base for the exciting stuff like eyeshadow, lipstick, and more!

My typical routine involves a few steps including primer, foundation, and powder. Regardless of the look I'm going for, these steps stay constant and I never leave the apartment without at least these basics. 

I call these steps the "base" because it is the base of the rest of your cosmetics. Afterward I apply all the color. I've been using the same base products for a while and I find that once you discover which ones work for you, you'll never want to stray outside of them! 

So I start with a primer. I use the Loreal Magic Skin Beautifier which I've posted about in the past. This can work in leu of foundation, however I find that the coverage is much nicer with a little foundation on top! The magic skin beautifier is a Beauty Balm and is BY FAR the best one I've used (and I've used a bunch!). For more information, feel free to check out my earlier post about beauty balms!


NEXT: time for some foundation! I've been using the same foundation for at LEAST 3-4 years (maybe longer? I can't even remember when I started using this stuff!) A friends recomended it and there has been no turning back since. The Maybelline Dream Liquid Mousse is everything you could want from a foundation. It is thick and creamy, has a pump applicator, and doesn't give a greasy gross feeling. I have very sensative skin to the point where i can't use certain primers without breaking out...so you'd think a thick, moussey foundation would wreck havoc on my skin. Maybe its because I've been using this stuff for so long, so my skin is used to it, but for some reason I do not break out from using this! I'm slightly obsessed! A little goes a long way and the pump applicator is insanely easy to use. I don't think I will ever stray from this stuff!!


The LAST step for my base is powder. This helps set the foundation, and creates for more of a matte finish. I don't like for my skin to look moist or dewy so I love powder. I have friends who hate it though, so it really is a preference type of thing! My absolutely favorite Powder is another Maybelline product. It is the FIT me powder. They make a foundation as well, which I've never tried, but I've heard bad things about it (plus I'm already sold on the one mentioned above!). This powder is awesome. I hate the applicator it came with, so I bought my own pack of cosmetic sponges and they help apply the powder evenly and absorb any unwanted moisture. 



So I highly recommend ALL of this stuff. I seriously don't know how I lived without them! What are some of your favorite products?

No comments:

Post a Comment