Tuesday, October 9, 2012

NYX eyeshadow base

Ok so after todays upsetting Birchbox I feel the need to make a happier review!

So today I will be reviewing NYX eyeshadow base...this stuff is BOMB!

So I believe they come in a few variations (white, white pearl, and skin tone I believe?),= but the one I have is the white. I purchased the white because when I was in the store, they didn't have the other two in stock and I'm super impatient. I needed eyeshadow primer and thats all they had in that particular drug store so I went with it! Had they had all three available, I would most likely have gone with the skin tone one, or maybe even white pearl...hell I'd be interested to try all of them!


So this is what it looks like, its a little pot that will run you about $7
Its creamy, I just run my finger in there and blend some into my eyelids a minute or two before applying eye shadow. I don't know how well this stuff makes your shadow last, because that aspect seems about the same to me. The reason I love this product is because of how vibrant it makes my shadow! I usually use NYX shadow, but even when I don't it reacts super well with the other brands! The color shows up as exactly the same pigment that you see in the pan! its wonderful...heres a swatch of the SAME COLOR with and without...


Now thats a dark brown. I applied the same amount to both swatches (if anything more shadow was applied to the top swatch). I think its obvious that the bottom swatch is the one that I primed. So do you need primer? No. Will your results be better with it? Absolutely!

I highly recommend this stuff! What primers do you think work best?


No comments:

Post a Comment