Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Birchbox

I AM SO MAD!!
Next month may be my last with Birchbox, I'm giving them one more shot! Last month was underwhelming to say the least and now this month? I'm so disappointed!


I'll start with the good:

DDF brightening cleanser:
This is a huge sample. More than 4 Ounces! The full size is a little less than doubled, and costs $38 putting this sample at about a $20 value! (yes I did the math). I haven't tried it yet, but I am excited as I've heard really good things about it. This product has been in Birchboxes before though, so while its new to me I wasn't super excited about it because its a product I'm familiar with.

Mighty Leaf Tea:
They gave me 3 tea bags, they are all flavors I'm interested in trying. Earl grey, some african tea, and green tea. I love tea so I don't mind this at all, but again these were in last months birchboxes so even though I've never gotten them I feel like I'm getting leftovers here..

Orofluido:
This is a hair oil. I'm very familiar with hair oils as I use Moroccan oil, and lately have been trying out Macadamia oil. I have naturally oily hair at the roots but it tends to be very frizy and dry towards the bottom. I love hair oils for this reason. This one has a nice smell, and is a decent size sample since a little really goes a long way. I'm excited to use it.

Now the bad:

Caudalie:
I forget exactly what this is but its meant for the face. the tube is SO tiny that I'll be lucky if I get one application out of it! It also said something about working well on dark spots, but I'm 20! I don't have those yet!

Now for the TERRIBLE

Per-fekt lip gel:
is this a joke? I'm really wondering if Birchbox is serious. This little tiny sample is good for a one time use! Its the tiniest little thing stuck on a big obnoxious cardboard flower. I hate lipgloss in the first place, I always talk about how obsessed I am with matte everything. I don't blame birchbox for not knowing I don't like lipgloss, but if they are going to give me a sample of lipgloss at least let it be a deluxe sample like they say it will be! This is so disappointing.

so thats it! Thats my birchbox. Will I get some use out of it? Yes. I mean the cleanser is awesome and the hair oil has potential. Do I love it? no. Knowing that some people are getting essie polishes, beauty blenders, chapsticks, lip balm, lip mosturizers, mascara, etc this month makes it a little more unbearable to look at my box. I should be with the age 20 demographics! Why am I getting all skincare! wheres the makeup/nailpolish/fun stuff!

No comments:

Post a Comment