Saturday, August 18, 2012

L'oreal Magic Skin Beautifier

So this is my new obsession. After receiving a sample of the Stila beauty balm in my July Birchbox, I knew I needed to try some more brands! I thought the Stila one worked well, but I couldn't justify spending $38 on a bottle when there are SO many other (cheaper) brands.

I found this little gem in a Harmons. The women working there overheard a friend and I trying to discuss which brand we should get since we were overwhelmed with options, and she recommended this one! I am so glad she did because it is BALM!

This BB cream is much different from the others I've tried (stila, garnier, and dr. Jarts). This BB cream goes on WHITE. Not only is it white...it has these weird black speckles in it. I was grossed out at first, I thought the product I picked up was either expired or needed a good shake. But then I realized the black dots were part of the charm. After rubbing in the product, the specks blend into the white cream and form to your skin tone (or a close match). It was weird...but amazing. 



Beauty Balms are great because they are SO good for your skin. While this one does not contain SPF, it does work to minimize redness and the appearance of pores. It also hydrates and corrects without clogging pores. I've never had the best skin, I tend to break out especially one particular week out of each month. So I would cover these imperfections with a ton of concealer and foundation and powder...which lead to more clogged pores and more breakouts. Since purchasing this product, I have not used foundation or concealer. I have just applied this and sealed it with powder. for me this combination covers just as well as my heavy makeup did, without being as harmful. I've noticed my skin seems a bit healthier and its  a much easier routine!! 

Overall, I really enjoy this BB cream. I wish it was a little less watery because it just feels unnatural rubbing something so liquidy onto my face. I also feel like had it been more of a cream, it would be easier to rub in and would work slightly better. Overall though, it covers nicely, it feels like my skins a bit healthier, and my skin looks way nicer. I've purchased L'oreals youth code BB cream for when this finishes because I'm really interested to see the difference, so I'll be sure to post a review on that once I try it!! 

2 comments:

  1. I've really been wanting to try some kind of BB cream! Maybe I'll get this one but I've also heard great things about the maybelline one
    xoxo Thania
    juicydaily.net

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its amazing I really suggest trying it!! I'm sure its different for everyone, but I actually swatched some of the maybelline on my hand and wasn't crazy about it. It seemed very sheer. I also saw a video that was really informative comparing the two.

      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uQkso8Vdbyk

      hope this helps! And thanks for reading!

      Delete