Sunday, September 30, 2012

Matte Nailpolish (well...matte everything)

Obviously I am multi-tasking like crazy right now. I have a 6 page paper due in 12 hours but instead I am sitting here, watching "Across the Universe" and blogging about nailpolish. I have my priorities in order.

So matte products are very in this season. You can get anything from matte moisturizer to matte eyeshadow. Personally, I'm a huge fan of a nice bold matte lip. Matte just means its not shiny, its more of a dull, soft finish. One of my favorite matte trends this season is matte nailpolish.

Some brands (like OPI) make colors that dry matte, but I seem to have little luck in finding them. Even when I am able to track one down, I don't have a ton of colors to choose from. Thats why many nail polish brands are making matte top coats. This will transform any shiny polish into a soft matte finish.

Personally, I've used an ulta matte top coat, and tested out a few other brands at sephora, but fell in love with the OPI for sephora matte top coat.
This stuff is a godsend. I've used it with a bunch of colors and I love the chalky finish it creates!! I can't get enough. 

Love this new matte trend? Let me know what your favorite way to incorporate it into your daily style is!

I found this picture on google that does a really great job comparing matte to regular nailpolish!! enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment