Friday, September 28, 2012

Chi turbo 1 inch hair straightener

Ok so I have naturally crazy curly hair...

told you! Its wild. I'm not really the type to leave it naturally curly, if I'm going to wear it curly I use my Remington pearl curling wand (thats a review for a later date!) for looser, beachier waves. The majority of the time though, I straighten my hair. I've been doing this pretty much since 8th grade (7 years...don't I feel old...).

I remember it was right before my 8th grade graduation and confirmation. I wanted to be cute and have straightened hair. I only had a couple of days before my confirmation and so I rushed and ordered a Chi turbo 1 inch straightener...well thats what I thought I ordered....

but then 3 of them showed up. 

I'm still unsure as to what happened, I guess I accidentally clicked to order 3 instead of 1. Dumb. So I kept one, my older sister kept one, and the other sat in a box. I used and abused mine for a solid 5 years and then the cord got snagged and it stopped working (RIP). So I popped open the 5 year old unopened backup. I've been using it for about 2 years now and it still works just as well as the day I ordered it (and its two siblings). 

Chi's are great for people with crazy, curly hair. I find that it makes my hair look silkier than it is naturally and manages frizz very well. My hair stays straight all day with little to no product. I have honestly no complaints about just how great Chi straighteners are. 

The ones they make now are much sleeker than the one I have. Being that mine is from 2006, there are much newer models available that I'm sure work even better and are much thinner. 

Basically, if you have curly hair and want a reliable straightener, I highly recommend investing in a Chi. You can get them at Harmons or bath and body works or any other place you can use coupons for under $100. 

So I guess the only appropriate way to end this post is with a picture of my straightened hair...

See? No kinks! Just shiny, straight hair. Gotta love my Chi!

No comments:

Post a Comment