Saturday, October 26, 2013

The higher the lashes the closer to God

My eyes are my thing. While I wear crazy nutty lipstick a lot I really do like to focus my makeup around my eyes on a regular day. My mom has piercing blue eyes, my dad had brown eyes, and for some reason me and all my sisters ended up with my moms eyes.

One of my friends calls them my blue gems.

So I like to make sure they pop when doing my makeup. There are a lot of tricks to doing this, ranging from using a highlight in the corner of the eye, lining the waterline with white liner, the shape of the shadow and the colors you choose...but one of my favorite tricks is making my lashes look long and luscious.

There are a few mascaras that accomplish this, but when looking for really bold lashes...falsies are fabulous too.

I'll start with my favorite mascaras.

First we have the Benefit They're Real. I know this is a cult favorite and everyone is obsessed with it, so its probably no surprise on my list. My favorite attribute of this mascara is how it lengthens and separates the lashes. They don't look clumped together, and although I sometimes like for mascaras that give off more volume, this one really is great especially for the first coat of mascara. The brush is plastic/rubber and it has little bristles coming out from the top which makes it easy to reach the harder to access spots. It is not waterproof, so make sure you're not planning to get emotional while wearing it. Overall it is truly a great product though and I'd even venture to say its worth the money. Cost: $23

Next, for those of you on a budget, is the E.L.F 3-in-1 mascara. This stuff is pretty comparable to the benefit They're Real and at a fraction of the cost! It will set you back only $3 ($20 less then benefits) and it has the same separating effect in my opinion. The brush is really cool, its sort of strangely shaped but again, this allows for easier access to hard to reach spots. I use this one as a first coat and then typically apply a coat of my all time favorite...

Mally volumizing mascara! Let me tell you this stuff adds volume! At $20, this stuff isn't cheap but it really is worth it. It makes my lashes thick without clumping and of the three I've mentioned, I'd say it gives the best "falsies" affect. I naturally have pretty thick/long/dark lashes but I love using mascara to curl and add the extra kick. This stuff curls and holds for a majority of the day. If I had to recommend any product it would be this one! So go buy it today you will thank my I promise!


When really looking to spice it up and look extra special, I suggest using false lashes. My favorite (and also cheap) brand is Ardell. You can pick them up at your local CVS or drug store. There is a large variety of styles so I'm sure you'll find some you like! Sometimes I even cut them in half and only apply them to the outer corner of my eyes. This gives a fantastic cat-eye effect. You can buy lashes pre-cut, but I prefer to do it myself to assure they are the exact length I like.


I hope this post was helpful! Let me know what you all think. Have you tried any of these? Do you agree with my reviews. Comment and let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment