Saturday, November 16, 2013

Quarter Life Crisis

Soooo things have been a little nutty lately. The semester is coming to an end rather rapidly, and it is becoming more and more clear each day that I will be graduating in just a few short months. My whole life I've had a plan. Finish third grade...go to fourth....fifth...so on. Even senior year of highschool, I may have had no idea what school I'd be at...but I knew I'd be in college. But here I am four years later, just a little while away from having a Bachelors degree in Counseling and Human Services...and I have no idea where my life is going to take me.

I've been applying to service organizations, volunteer corps, and I'm even going to apply to a few graduate schools...but at the end of the day I don't know what I want. I mean if money weren't a factor, I would go right to graduate school and get a masters degree in School Counseling. I want to be a guidance counselor. I love my internship and I could see myself working in a school setting. But I do not want to pay all that money for graduate school. So I'm trying to find ways around it like working for an organization that would help pay or I don't know....anything really.

So I've been in a bit of a funk. I've been feeling old and unsubstantial and like my life is going no where. What can you do with a bachelors degree in Counseling? Not too much let me tell ya. But I love it. I don't regret pursuing the field because it is genuinely what I am good at and what I want to do with my life. I also want to be rich so I can buy makeup all day every day...go figure.

It doesn't help that my boyfriend-type-figure is in the same sort of place. He's going to be going to law school next year but he has no idea where. Neither of us knowing what state we will be living in adds a double dose of stress and ain't nooooobody got time for that. He's brilliant and he's gonna get into a great school I'm sure of it...but lord help me if he follows in the footsteps of Elle Woods and goes all the way to Boston to attend Harvard Law.

Seriously though if he gets into Harvard I will be so happy and supportive. We'll see though, stuff is still very much up in the air. Which gives me stress. When I get stressed I buy makeup.

Luckily for my very empty wallet, I went to a CVS that carries Wet N Wild makeup. My CVS at home doesn't, so its a treat to see the display at the one here in Scranton. I bought two lipsticks and I'm slightly in love. One of them I haven't worn yet but I've been eyeing it for a while. its 908C, and everyone says it looks like Mac Rebel. We shall see!

The one I have used and love is actually from the Wet N Wild Fergie Collection. It is called V.I.Pink. it is one of the creme lipsticks, the packaging is so cheap and tacky but sometimes we all need a little cheap and tacky in our lives. Plus when it comes down to it...I bought it for the lipstick not the packaging. I'm just such a sucker. Like I am willing to spend extra money on mac lipsticks because the packaging is so chic and I feel so glam putting it on. I understand how stupid this is, but I'm just so flawed. I've heard amazing things about the Wet N Wild lipsticks though so I figured I would give them a try.



Oh. My. Lord. this lipstick is beautiful. I was drawn to it because of its slight blue undertone. I work well with cooler shades. V.I.Pink is a pretty, medium pink. It isn't as bright and barbie as some other lipsticks I've purchased in the past. It is also not so light that it gives lips a weird flushed look. In my opinion its perfect. I still feel like I can get away with a bit of a dramatic eye, but its also bold enough for a simple winged liner look. I applied it with a brush, just because I prefer applying most lipsticks with brushes. I feel it gives for more precise lines and there is more control on the amount of product being applied.

I think this lipstick costs me around $3. Compared to the $15 for a mac product, I'd say this is a good deal. The lipstick stayed on very well even after some drinking. The color is rich and pretty pigmented. It goes on creamy and doesn't dry out the lips. Over all I really have no complaints. Could the packing be nicer? of course. But is this enough to keep me from buy a great product? ehhh not so much.

Here's a photo from last night of me wearing the lippy. Have you tried it? Or others? let me know what you think!


No comments:

Post a Comment