Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Revlon Matte Balm's

So for any of you who are familiar with my blog, you're probably aware of my obsession with Revlon lip products. I love their lipstick, liquid lipstick, and balm stains. When I heard that they were coming out with a line of matte balms, I could not WAIT to get my hands on some.

These were incredibly difficult to find, as most of my local stores either didn't carry them yet, were sold out, or had tampered products. The wrapping on these were less secure then revlon's balm stains...so this is probably the reason for the wasted products. My CVS did have a fully stocked selection, however they were charging about $12 each! Being that I saw Target and Harmon's selling these balms for $7, I decided to wait.

Well I finally got three shades...standout, sultry, and shameless. Let me tell you I am NOT disappointed. While these are described as balms, there is no mention of the word "stain" or "long lasting", unlike their counterparts. With that being said, I find that they have pretty great staying power, and last just as well, if not better, then the typical lipstick.

Above is a photo of the shades I purchased, alongside swatches. The first is Standout, a beautiful blue-toned red that is perfect for probably any complexion. It's beautiful for winter months and makes teeth appear whiter because of its cool undertones. Next is sultry, a pretty color I could best describe as dusty-rose. It is a nice every-day bold lip. Last is shameless, a crazy Barney-like purple color. I love this and I love how true to packaging the product shows up, but I struggle finding occasions where this color is appropriate.  Don't mind my pale skin, I'm in desperate need of a tan.

Overall, I think these are great, they have good lasting power, good color pay-off, a wonderful matte finish without being drying, and are incredibly affordable. These have a slight minty smell, same as the balm stains, and the color selection is beautiful! I can't wait to get my hands on more

just for fun, heres a picture of myself wearing "shameless"

No comments:

Post a Comment